Click to view live stats for this site

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I don't believe in VIP culture, says SRK

I don't believe in VIP culture, says SRKSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

In an exclusive interview to CNN-IBN Editor-in-Chief Rajdeep Sardesai, Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan spoke about his detention at the US airport and denied that it was a publicity stunt for his upcoming movie My Name Is Khan.

Shah Rukh said it was an unpleasant experience and he would never do something like this for publicity.

Here is an excerpt of the interview -

Rajdeep Sardesai: Critics are saying that Shah Rukh Khan's detention in America has been hyped by Shah Rukh himself and it is a publicity stunt for the upcoming film My Name Is Khan. How do you react to that?

Shah Rukh Khan: As a matter of fact my film is coming much later, there are still some eight to nine months to go and we normally don't start promotion of the movie this early. Moreover, it is not very positive when someone asks you for vouching for you to enter someone's country. Though I don't want to say this word, I would say it is a bit disrespectful.

Rajdeep Sardesai: People are detained and questioned in American airports post 9/11, this is a regular practice there. Then why should suddenly Shah Rukh Khan take it as a personal upfront? Was it that how can you detain me, I am Shah Rukh Khan?

Shah Rukh Khan: No, I am very humble about what I am. I may talk about myself when I talk about my films otherwise I am very humble. I am very scared of rules and therefore always abide by them. Like everyone even I had those instances when I have been subjected to very thorough special security checking.

Rajdeep Sardesai: The problem perhaps in India is that our security system is not tough enough. We still work on VIP system where a Shah Rukh Khan or a big politician can easily walk through an airport without being checked.

Shah Rukh Khan: Whenever I am flying I always stand in queues and make my children do the same.

Rajdeep Sardesai: You don't believe in VIP culture?

Shah Rukh Khan: No, I never called anyone asking please get me inside faster. I have not done that even in a night club. Even in India I don't believe in saying 'don't you know who I am' when I am asked for my identification.


Read More..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Loading